Pilgrims, Mice & Kings
Whether you're visiting for the day, on a flying visit or have time on your hands; Nottinghamshire's Pilgrim Country, which is huddled between three counties, embraces the very essence of the journey the founding fathers took in 1620.
• Visit All Saints Church at Babworth and hear about the discovery of the hidden Chalice and Geneva Bible; search for the famous Mousey Thompson Mayflower Mouse and discover an array of wildlife, flora and fauna, following in the footsteps of the Pilgrims
• Explore the Market Town of Retford and visit Bassetlaw Museum
• View the Pilgrim 400, a new variety of apple at the historic 'Pinfold', the home of Leading Mayflower Pilgrim, William Brewster, and the church, where he was thought to have been baptised in the picturesque village of Scrooby
• Enjoy afternoon tea at Hodsock Priory, one of Nottinghamshire's most historic and unique country houses. Take a photo tour of the beautiful grounds and explore this privately-owned corner of England with a member of the family who lives there
• As an addition, live like Royalty, and experience the grandeur of life in a stately home, with an exclusively bespoke, overnight stay in one of Hodsock's splendid rooms, enjoy a candlelit dinner by a roaring fire, take an evening walk by the lake, or simply immerse yourself in a book from the beautiful south facing library
How to explore by train
Retford can be easily accessed by train from London Kings Cross.
Subscribe to our blog posts. We are planning to post about once a month. We will never share your details and you can unsubscribe with a single click.