Pilgrim Roots from rural England to a life in the New World
Discover the roots of the Pilgrims in the villages and towns of Nottinghamshire where future leaders of the Plymouth Colony lived, worked and worshipped.
• Visit the historic town of Droitwich Spa, birthplace of Mayflower Pilgrim, Edward Winslow
• Explore the 'Faithful City' of Worcester and its magnificent Cathedral
• Discover the ancient English villages and churches of Babworth, Scrooby and Austerfield where the influential Pilgrims, William Bradford and William Brewster shaped their beliefs
• Visit Gainsborough Old Hall, one of the best preserved medieval manor houses in England
• Walk the cobbled streets of historic Lincoln, see the precious 1215 Magna Carta whose influence is seen in the Mayflower Compact and the American Bill of Rights
• Visit Boston Guildhall and the cells where the fleeing Separatists were held and tried
How to explore by train
Retford can be easily accessed by train from London Kings Cross. Change at Retford for the train to Gainsborough Lea Road. From here you can explore the picturesque Pilgrim Line that will take you to historic Lincoln.
Subscribe to our blog posts. We are planning to post about once a month. We will never share your details and you can unsubscribe with a single click.